If your box is working with Geniatech’s 20130115 ( previous released version) or 20130326(testing version) firmware version, and the Automatic update option is selected by default in Upgrade app(if not, please select and restart the box), once the network is connected, the box will download 20130506 firmware automatically. You can see a downloading icon in the right corner of the screen.
Click Yes to upgrade after downloading, then, the box will restart, and, you will find below information in setting->About MediaBox.
Uboot version: 20130510
Recovery version: 20130510
Kernel version: 20130506
Build number: 20130506
If your box is working with other firmware version and can not update firmware online, please update your box by manual.
Download above two files without decompression, rename to update_spi_mx_dongle_20130805.img and
update_stvmx_20130805_eng_dongle.img, make sure you did not hide the file extension on your PC.
2. Copy them to SD card or USB disk, and connect to the dongle.
3. Run Upgrade app and choose Local update, you will see
update_spi_mx_dongle_20130805.img and update_stvmx_20130805_eng_dongle.img.
4. Select SPI file to update first, the box will restart after upgrading completed, then, run Upgrade->local update and update firmware.
Changed log based on 20130506 dongle firmware version:
1. Adding a Geniatech Metro launcher.
2. Update XBMC to 12.2 version.
3. Fixed Netflix subtitle not sync issue, and the video can smooth playback.
4.Fixed several buttons on remote control can not work issue.
5. Fixed the latest Skype V220.127.116.1173 exit problem while accepting video call from your friends.
6. HLS streams can automatically adapt to the resolution according to bandwidth
7. RTSP streams can playback smoothly and more stable.
8. Improved Wi-Fi performance.
9. Fixed other bugs.