M1 Android 4.0 20120529 firmware works on Geniatech’s ATV1000/2000/3000/300/310/510 model with 512M RAM. It is unstable on 256M RAM models.
Download Android 4.0 firmware from here:
Download the file and don’t unzip, rename to update.img, all are small characters.
And, please check you did not hide the extension name of the file on PC.
1. If you are using android 2.3(as long as the Uboot version is 20111102 or later version in setting->about device), please copy the file into SD card and insert to the box. Then, go to setting->privacy->update system to update firmware directly, the box will restart automatically after finished.
2. If your box is working with previous android 4.0 version, please copy the file into SD card or USB disk and connect to the box, then run Upgrade app (there is an Upgrade app icon on 4.0), select update.img file in local update option to upgrade.
3. If you want to degrade to android 2.3:
Download below firmware
Don’t unzip, change the file name /format to update.img, the same upgrading steps as above.
Fixed problems based on Android 4.0 20120420 version.
1. Optimized Google play store
2. Opened ADB function
3. Added 3G dongle support
4. Added power off function on Power button of remote control
5. Modified the position problem of remote control arrow
6. Fixed the bottom of the home screen jitter problem
7. Fixed the audio not sync issue while play video with default network (SAMBA) app
8. Fixed 1080P display problem