M1 Android 4.0 20120420 firmware work on Geniatech’s ATV1000/2000/3000/300/
310/510 model with 512M RAM. It is unstable on 256M RAM models.
Download Android 4.0 firmware from here:
Download and don’t unzip, change the file name to update.img, all are small characters.
And, please check you did not hide the extension name of the file on PC.
1. If you are using android 2.3(as long as the Uboot version is 20111102 or later version in setting->about device), please copy the file into SD card and insert to the box. Then, go to setting->privacy->update system to update firmware directly, the box will restart after finished.
2. If your box is working with android 4.0 beta version, please copy the file into SD card or USB disk and connect to the box, then run Upgrade app (there is an Upgrade icon on 4.0), select update.img file in local update option to upgrade.
3. If you want to degrade to android 2.3:
A: Download below firmware http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/update20120111.zip
Don’t unzip, change the file name /format to update.img, the same upgrading steps as above.
Fixed problems base on Android 4.0 beta version:
1. Enlarged mouse icon
2. Fixed no audio on Ypbpr output mode issue
3. Fixed some buttons did not work on remote control issue
4. Updated flash player 10.2 which supports hardware decoding ICS version
Please note CVBS output/USB camera/3G dongle/Geniatech’s TV dongle
have not been supported yet.