Geniatech MX Box Android 4.1 20130506 Firmware Upgrading Instruction
If your box is working with Geniatech’s 20130115 ( previous released version) or 20130326(testing version) firmware version, and the Automatic update option is selected by default in Upgrade app(if not, please select and restart the box), once the network is connected, the box will download 20130506 firmware automatically. You can see a downloading icon in the right corner of the screen.
Click Yes to upgrade after downloading, then, the box will restart, and, you will find below information in setting->About MediaBox.
Uboot version: 20130510
Recovery version: 20130510
Kernel version: 20130506
Build number: 20130506
If your box is working with other firmware version and can not update firmware online, please update your box by manual.
Download above two files without decompression, rename to update_spi_MX_20130510.img and
update_MX_20130506.img,.make sure you did not hide the file extension on your PC.
2. Copy them into SD card or USB disk, and connect to the box.
3. Run Upgrade app and choose local update, you will see update_spi_MX_20130510.img and update_MX_20130506.img.
4. Select SPI file to update first, the box will restart after upgrading completed, then, run Upgrade->local update and update update_MX_20130506.img.
Note: If you have our USB TV tuner, you can install below HiDTV app to watch digital TV programs.
Changed log based on 20130115 firmware version:
1. Beautify mouse icon;
2. XBMC runs smoothly without black screen;
3. Fixed some apps can not be displayed with full screen;
4. Fixed launcher display problem;
5. Fixed YPbPr display problem;
6. Optimized the HDMI compatibility;
7. There is an Easy link option in setting menu to enable CEC function;
8. Wi-Fi can be connected properly after waking up from standby mode;
9. Video can be played properly after waking up from standby mode;
10. Fixed video aspect ratio problem;
11. USB storage still can be detected after waking up from standby mode;
12. Fixed DHCP can not assign an IP address to Ethernet;
13. Hot spot is working on ATV520;
14. Improved online streaming video playback;
15. Fixed Audio output mode can't be saved after restarting the box;
16.Optimized Netflix and YouTube video playback;
18.Adding uInput for some 3rd party apps.
19.Adding downloading path in Upgrade app;
20. Fixed some other bugs.