Geniatech Dual Core Dongle Android 4.1 20130805 Firmware Release For ATV120,ATV120SD,ATV120L
If your dongle is working with Geniatech 20130506 ( previous released version) or later testing firmware version, and the Automatic update option is selected by default in Upgrade app(if not, please select and restart the dongle), once the network is connected, the dongle will download 20130805 dongle firmware automatically. You can see a downloading icon in the right corner of the screen.
Click Yes to upgrade after downloading, then, the dongle will restart, and you will find below information in setting->About MediaBox.
Uboot version: 20130805
Recovery version: 20130808
Kernel version: 20130805
Build number: 20130805
If your dongle is working with other firmware version and can not update firmware online, please update by manual. box
Download above two files without decompression, rename to update_spi_mx_dongle_20130805.img and
update_stvmx_20130805_eng_dongle.img, make sure you did not hide the file extension on your PC.
2. Copy them to SD card or USB disk, and connect to the dongle.
3. Run Upgrade app and choose Local update, you will see
update_spi_mx_dongle_20130805.img and update_stvmx_20130805_eng_dongle.img.
4. Select SPI file to update first, the box will restart after upgrading completed, then, run Upgrade->local update and update firmware.
Changed log based on 20130506 dongle firmware version:
1. Adding a Geniatech Metro launcher.
2. Update XBMC to 12.2 version.
3. Fixed Netflix subtitle not sync issue, and the video can smooth playback.
4.Fixed several buttons on remote control can not work issue.
5. Fixed the latest Skype V22.214.171.12473 exit problem while accepting video call from your friends.
6. HLS streams can automatically adapt to the resolution according to bandwidth
7. RTSP streams can playback smoothly and more stable.
8. Improved Wi-Fi performance.
9. Fixed other bugs.