Geniatech Dual Core Box Android 4.1 20130805 Firmware Release
If your box is working with Geniatech 20130506 ( previous released version) or later testing firmware version, and the Automatic update option is selected by default in Upgrade app(if not, please select and restart the box), once the network is connected, the box will download 20130805 firmware automatically. You can see a downloading icon in the right corner of the screen.
Click Yes to upgrade after downloading, then, the box will restart, and you will find below information in setting->About MediaBox.
Uboot version: 20130805
Recovery version: 20130808
Kernel version: 20130805
Build number: 20130805
If your box is working with other firmware version and can not update firmware online, please update by manual.
Download above two files without decompression, rename to update_spi_mx_20130805.img and
update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img, make sure you did not hide the file extension on your PC.
2. Copy them to SD card or USB disk, and connect to the box.
3. Run Upgrade app and choose Local update, you will see
update_spi_mx_20130805.img and update_stvmx_20130805_eng.img.
4. Select SPI file to update first, the box will restart after upgrading completed, then, run Upgrade->local update and update firmware.
If you have Geniatech’s USB TV tuner T119, T220, D690,S880, you can install below Geniatech HiDTV app to watch digital TV programs.
Changed log based on 20130506 firmware version:
1. Adding a Geniatech Metro launcher.
2. Update XBMC to 12.2 version.
3. Fixed Ethernet disconnect problem.
4. Fixed Netflix subtitle not sync issue, and the video can smooth playback.
5. Fixed several buttons on remote control can not work issue.
6. Fixed the problem of high CPU usage on ATV520.
7. Fixed the latest Skype V184.108.40.20673 exit problem while accepting video call from your friends,.
8. Fixed external Hard disk patch changed after waking up from standby mode.
9. HLS streams can automatically adapt to the resolution according to bandwidth.
10. RTSP streams can playback smoothly and more stable.
11. Fixed other bugs.